We have all heard about Siri on the iPhone and we are seeing adverts for Alexa everywhere we turn. But, now Google have come up with their very own voice assistant to rival these giants. It is called Google Assistant and offers advanced technology that people love. So, let’s find out a little bit more about it and how it works.
- Google Assistant emerged in May 2016 and launched on the Google Pixel and Pixel XL before other Android phones.
- They have partnered with other companies that now use Google Assistant, such as the LG G7 ThinQ.
- Google Assistant is now featured not only on mobile devices, but also on fridges, cars and even TVs.
- It works as a voice-controlled assistant where you can search and control devices just by speaking.
- For example, you can verbally tell it to check your appointments, send messages, search for TV shows or even have a conversation.
- You start by saying ‘Hey, Google’ or ‘Ok Google’ but for continued requests there’s no need to repeat that as Google Assistant will work out if you are talking to it or other people.
- Through Multiple Actions, you can ask it several things at once, unlike other rival devices.
- The Pretty Please function means you can demonstrate manners and politeness to your children, with it responding positively to a ‘please’ and ‘thank you’.
- There are new voices available in 2018, such as John Legend.
Google Assistant and other voice search systems are becoming more popular and will probably be the norm in the very near future.
Pro TV Perth & Joondalup
Need your television installed and set up correctly? Looking to get your TV wall mounted or possibly after better reception with a new antenna? We offer professional, fast and friendly service. Get in touch today.