TV Antenna Guide
It’s common knowledge that you need an antenna for good television reception and to receive over-the-air broadcasts. In Perth, everyone is able to receive free-to-air television channels from broadcasters through the support of the Australian Government. Of course, you still have to have the right equipment installed; otherwise you face problems watching your favourite television shows.
Choosing The Right TV Antenna
Let’s have a look at the process of choosing the right TV antenna:
- Most people will need an outdoor antenna, coaxial cable and a fly-lead, which is installed between the wall plate and television.
- The size and type of antenna you choose can affect its performance.
- You will need a frequency band-specific antenna for areas with poor reception.
- The antenna structure should be strong enough to cope with adverse weather conditions.
- Generally, avoid indoor antennas – you might only get some channels and experience interference.
- Don’t use multiple antennas to receive signals, as this can cause reception difficulties.
- You will need a quad-shield coaxial cable with F type connectors. This shields against noise and interference more than single or dual shield cables.
- Choosing a quad-shield fly lead will ensure the best performance from your TV.
- Be cautious with signal boosters, you don’t always need one installed. A local installer will be able to advise you.
- It can be dangerous to install the antenna on the roof yourself. An expert can do this safely and ensure signal polarisation.
What Does All This Mean?
The main point to take away from this information is that it can be confusing and difficult to install the right antenna for your home. It is best to ask an experienced and local antenna installer for advice. They will know your region’s antenna requirements, ensuring the best reception and maximum television channels.
If you live in Perth and want someone with years of experience installing TV antennas and excellent customer reviews, please contact James at Pro TV Perth.
Pro TV Perth are located in Joondalup and install TV antennas all over the Perth metropolitan area. We offer good advice, fast service and the best quality TV antenna for your area.
You may be interested in reading more about antenna systems on the ACMA website here.