Future of Entertainment & Advertising in Self Driving Cars
Technology has been advancing as a super-fast rate for televisions along with how we connect and consume our entertainment across many different devices.
The transport sector has also experienced a similar rate of technical breakthroughs with a high-profile one being self-driving vehicles (autonomous cars).
Television and self-driving vehicles! What’s the connection?
From a passenger’s point of view, not having to drive means you have more time to entertain yourself. Watching TV, streaming services and playing games will be a popular choice.
From an advertiser’s point of view, this presents a whole new dimension of advertising possibilities both in the programs and around the passengers.
Possibilities for the future
Let’s have a look at what’s potentially in store for us:
- For commuter’s in self-driving cars, the norms of advertising and entertainment will change.
- AR-enabled (augmented reality) vehicles could present customised ads on fitted television screens, windows or any panel.
- Billboard advertising could be revolutionised. As billboards would potentially know who the passengers are, they could display customised adverts to those people through an AR-enabled windscreen.
- There could be the development of ad-supported transportation. This can mean the cost of your journey in a driverless car will be tied into the amount of advertising you are willing to see on your way home.
- Entertainment will go beyond TV, music and radio stations; in fact, passengers could be able to enjoy games and other technology too. You could play games against people on the other side of the world. After all, you won’t have to keep your eyes on the road.
- The estimated value of the autonomous vehicle market could be $7 trillion by 2050.
To read more about the future of self-driving vehicles, click here.
Get the best TV signal Perth has to offer! See our TV antenna installation prices and information.
Pro TV Perth & Joondalup
I hope you found this insight into the future interesting. It’s still early days and for most of us, watching a lot of telly at home will be the norm for a while yet.
If you’re looking for the latest in TV antennas, supplied and fitted to suit your location in Perth perfectly, please get in touch today.